Job Opening: QA Engineer
Hi, I'm Dan, CTO and co-founder at Omnia Fishing. I'm looking for a QA Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
Omnia is looking for a user-centric, collaborative QA Engineer who has a passion for creating refined user experiences and filling gaps through automation.
Our team is small and remote-friendly with members who know how to get things done efficiently and effectively. We keep meetings to a minimum and trust each other to communicate as needed.
An interest in fishing is not a requirement, but if you are interested in outdoor pursuits this is a dream job to combine your personal interests with your professional life.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your unique perspective to help us define and test the features and infrastructure we are building as a part of our platform.
- Contribute to and maintain our growing automation suite
- Learn, practice, and share with your coworkers through test case review, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
- Work with our customer support and product teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers achieve their goals with our product
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems
- Ability to participate in technical discussion and provide feedback from a QA point of view.
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate bugs, and consolidating bug reports
- Ability to perform manual testing while identifying opportunities for automation
- Ability to develop reliable test automation with high-code quality, and conduct peer code reviews (e.g., unit-tests, regression tests, functional tests, stress tests).
- Experience testing in both web and native mobile environments
About Omnia Fishing
Omnia is in the process of building out a personalized commerce platform powered by a geospatial context engine. We help people find the fishing gear they need for their lakes and species using our recommendations and community input. We have (almost) every lake in the country in our system, tens of thousands of repeat users (our customers LOVE us), and millions in annual sales. Our users are creating thousands (more every week) of structured fishing reports to help other anglers. All this together creates virtuous loops of engagement and growth that you will be building software to enhance further.
We just closed our Series A from some great partners including Founder Collective, Dundee Ventures, Bread & Butter Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures (Joe Montana). Our advisory board includes Justin Kaufenberg GP at Rally Ventures and founder of SportsEngine; Andrew Savage, Co-Founder Suma Brands and former COO of Dolls Kill; Erin Newkirk CMO of Caribou Coffee; Ralph Castner CEO Rush Creek and former CFO of Cabela’s. We are ready to keep rolling and take the business to the next level with your help
Benefits at Omnia
We offer competitive compensation depending on experience and market rate.
- Remote friendly with space onsite to collaborate and work as needed or on a regular basis if preferred
- Flexible schedule with fishing and outdoor days
- PTO policy that encourages work/life balance
- Full health benefits
How to apply
Here's what you can expect
- 30-minute video call with Dan, our CTO/Co-Founder
- 60-minute technical interview and code exercise with Dan and our engineering lead
- 45-minute video call with Dan and Mark, our Head of Product
- Final interview with our founders Matt, Chris and Dan