Abu Garcia Veritas PLX Winch Casting Rods
7' / Medium / Moderate
We ship fast!
Orders placed before 1pm Central ship the same day.
Introducing the next generation of Veritas rods. The introduction of Powerlux® 100 (PLX) increases the rod’s strength by 15 percent while also reducing the rod’s overall weight by 5 percent. The new Veritas rod family gives anglers the performance, sensitivity, and durability they need to win, whether they’re fishing for fun or for a paycheck. The Powerlux 100 resin system evenly distributes nano particles between each carbon fiber to enhance the rod’s performance and strength by preventing cracks in the blank material. The Powerlux technology helps produce rods with higher break strengths and improved impact and fracture resistance. The Abu Garcia custom-designed reel seat delivers hypersensitivity around the exposed blank sections and improves comfort for all-day fishing. Coupled with titanium alloy guides with zirconium inserts and closed cell EVA split grips, the Abu Garcia PLX Veritas pushes the limits of high-performance fishing rods.
The Abu Garcia Veritas PLX Winch series of rods are specifically made for crankbaits and other moving baits, where you need a slower taper on your rod to handle fish and ensure they cannot throw your bait.
Veritas PLX Winch Casting Rod Features:
- Powerlux® 100 delivers a 15% stronger* and 5% lighter** rod, while remaining lightweight and well balanced
- ROCS™ (Robotically Optimized Casting System) Guide train for maximized casting distance with lighter lures
- Titanium alloy guides with ultra light zirconium inserts allow for a lightweight balanced rod
- Closed Cell EVA grips gives greater weather and wear resistance
- Ergonomic Abu designed reel seat
- Limited 3-year warranty
- *On average, based on controlled lab testing, compared to identically constructed Veritas rods without Powerlux® resin. Results may vary.
- **On average, based on controlled lab setting, compared to prior generation Veritas rods without Powerlux® resin. Results may vary.
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Techniques: Blade BaitsBuzz BaitsCarolina RigsChatterbaitsDeep Diving Crankbaits (13'+)Medium Diving Crankbaits (7'-12')Shallow Diving Crankbaits (0-6')Finesse JigsFootball JigsHard Body SwimbaitsHard Topwater (Popping)Hard Topwater (Prop)Hard Topwater (Walking)Jerk BaitsLarge Hair Jigs (Preacher)Lipless CrankbaitsShaky HeadsSoft Body Swimbaits (Large)SpinnerbaitsSpoonsStructure JigsSwim JigsTexas Rigs (Worming)Trolling Shallow (0-9')
|MODEL||ROD LENGTH||ROD POWER||ROD ACTION||PIECES||HANDLE||LINE WT (LB)||LURE WT (OZ)|
|VTPCW76-6||7'6"||Medium-Heavy||Moderate||1||Eva Split-Grip||10-20||1/2-1 3/8|
|VTPCW711-7||7'11"||Heavy||Moderate||1||Eva Split-Grip||12-25||3/8-1 1/4|
|VTPCW711-8||7'11"||Extra-Heavy||Moderate||1||Eva Split-Grip||14-30||3/4-2 1/2|