Shimano Bantam MGL
Right Hand / 7.1:1
We ship fast!
Orders placed before 1pm Central ship the same day.
40 years ago, Shimano released its first baitcast reel, Bantam, to the market. This began what is now a legacy of durable and high-performance casting reels. The 2018 Bantam MGL establishes a new benchmark for rigidity. The new CoreSolid Body design combines multiple parts and integrates the B-side, frame, and levelwind guard into a single aluminum piece with unmatched solidity. This full aluminum construction will give anglers the rigid feeling of a round reel, with the ergonomics and comfort of a low profile reel. MGL Spool reduces spool inertia to improve casting distance and ease pitching and flipping.
Bantam MGL Features:
- Coresolid Body: Solid one-piece construction for unprecedented rigidity and sensitivity
- Cross Carbon Drag: Wider range of drag settings, Shimano's smoothest drag ever
- Hagane Body: High rigidity and impact resistance
- MGL Spool: Decreased inertia for unparalleled casting performance
- Micro Module: Ultra-smooth retrieve
- S3D Spool: Significantly reduced spool vibration
- SVS Infinity: Quick, precise braking adjustments
- S A-RB: Shielded bearings to prevent salt and sand corrosion
- Silent Tune: Reduced bearing vibration during high-speed rotation for a quieter, smoother cast every time
- Super Free Spool: Eliminates friction on the spool shaft
- X-Ship: Improved gear durability
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Techniques: Blade BaitsBuzz BaitsCarolina RigsChatterbaitsDeep Diving Crankbaits (13'+)Medium Diving Crankbaits (7'-12')Shallow Diving Crankbaits (0-6')Football JigsFrogs/ToadsGrass JigsHard Body SwimbaitsHard Topwater (Popping)Hard Topwater (Prop)Hard Topwater (Walking)Jerk BaitsLarge Hair Jigs (Preacher)Lipless CrankbaitsShaky HeadsSoft Body Swimbaits (Large)SpinnerbaitsSpoonsSwim JigsTexas Rigs (Pitch/Flip)Texas Rigs (Worming)Umbrella Rigs
|Model Number||Hand||Gear Ratio||Max Drag||Bearings||Wt. (oz.)||Line Capacity|
|Inches Per Crank|