Job Opening: Lead Product Designer
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer.
You will be a creative leader for the Omnia brand by setting the visual direction and creating imaginative and cohesive brand materials. Additionally, you will be leading on interactive product design for our web and native mobile apps. You will be extending our existing style guide and design system components to take our UX and UI to the next level to realize the vision for the Omnia platform across products.
Our team is small and remote-friendly with members who know how to get things done efficiently and effectively. We keep meetings to a minimum and trust each other to communicate as needed.
An interest in fishing is not a requirement, but if you are interested in outdoor pursuits this is a dream job to combine your personal interests with your professional life.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve the brand's visual direction
- Own the design of all brand collateral
- Develop creative direction for video
- Own the interact design system and all of its components across web and native mobile
What we’re looking for:
- You're knowledgeable in visual design fundamentals - typography, color, layout, vector work etc.
- You have a portfolio of memorable brand assets, showing a mastery of your design tools of choice.
- You have experience with motion design in video.
- You're comfortable challenging the status quo.
- You create close relationships with customers and speak directly to their why.
- You know how to communicate your design decisions to different audiences.
About Omnia Fishing
Omnia is in the process of building out a personalized commerce platform powered by a geospatial context engine. We help people find the fishing gear they need for their lakes and species using our recommendations and community input. We have (almost) every lake in the country in our system, tens of thousands of repeat users (our customers LOVE us), and millions in annual sales. Our users are creating thousands (more every week) of structured fishing reports to help other anglers. All this together creates virtuous loops of engagement and growth that you will be building software to enhance further.
We just closed our Series A from some great partners including Founder Collective, Dundee Ventures, Bread & Butter Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures (Joe Montana). Our advisory board includes: Justin Kaufenberg GP at Rally Ventures and founder of SportsEngine; Andrew Savage, Co-Founder Suma Brands and former COO of Dolls Kill; Erin Newkirk CMO of Caribou Coffee; Ralph Castner CEO Rush Creek and former CFO of Cabela’s. We are ready to keep rolling and take the business to the next level with your help
Benefits at Omnia
We offer competitive compensation depending on experience and market rate.
- Remote friendly with space onsite to collaborate and work as needed or on a regular basis if preferred
- Flexible schedule with fishing and outdoor days
- PTO policy that encourages work/life balance
- Full health benefits
How to apply
Here's what you can expect
- 30 minute video call with Dan, our CTO/Co-Founder
- 60 minute portfolio/examples of work review and discussion with Dan
- Final interview with our founders Matt, Chris and Dan