Hi, I'm Dan, CTO and co-founder at Omnia Fishing. I'm looking for a React Native Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
Omnia is looking for a user-centric, collaborative React Native Engineer with a background in building mobile apps for consumers. You will have an immediate and direct impact on the product with a high degree of ownership and freedom.
Our team is small and remote-friendly with members who know how to get things done efficiently and effectively. We keep meetings to a minimum and trust each other to communicate as needed.
An interest in fishing is not a requirement, but if you are interested in outdoor pursuits this is a dream job to combine your personal interests with your professional life.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and be the primary technical contributor for the team that architects and executes our flagship native iOS and Android app
- Work closely with our frontend and backend engineers to connect our native mobile stack into our ecosystem.
- Keep up to date on the latest React Native platform capabilities, partnering with product management to help guide the roadmap for native mobile
- Participate in all aspects of software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Work with product leadership to develop and implement the overall look and design the app
- Work in React (Typescript)
- Communicate frameworks and make strategy come to life
What we’re looking for:
- Experience shipping code in a production environment for iOS and Android apps built with React Native
- Capable of building and owning major production components from the ground up
- A product focus. You're comfortable jumping between customer viewpoint and technical architecture to help us make tough tradeoffs.
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
About Omnia Fishing
Omnia is in the process of building out a personalized commerce platform powered by a geospatial context engine. We help people find the fishing gear they need for their lakes and species using our recommendations and community input. We have (almost) every lake in the country in our system, tens of thousands of repeat users (our customers LOVE us), and millions in annual sales. Our users are creating thousands (more every week) of structured fishing reports to help other anglers. All this together creates virtuous loops of engagement and growth that you will be building software to enhance further.
We just closed our Series A from some great partners including Founder Collective, Dundee Ventures, Bread & Butter Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures (Joe Montana). Our advisory board includes: Justin Kaufenberg GP at Rally Ventures and founder of SportsEngine; Andrew Savage, Co-Founder Suma Brands and former COO of Dolls Kill; Erin Newkirk CMO of Caribou Coffee; Ralph Castner CEO Rush Creek and former CFO of Cabela’s. We are ready to keep rolling and take the business to the next level with your help
Benefits at Omnia
We offer competitive compensation depending on experience and market rate.
- Remote friendly with space onsite to collaborate and work as needed or on a regular basis if preferred
- Flexible schedule with fishing and outdoor days
- PTO policy that encourages work/life balance
- Full health benefits
How to apply
Here's what you can expect
- 30 minute video call with Dan, our CTO/Co-Founder
- 60 minute technical interview and code exercise with Dan and our engineering lead
- 45 minute video call with Dan and Mark, our Head of Product
- Final interview with our founders Matt, Chris and Dan