Job Opening: Full Stack Generalist Engineer
Hi, I'm Dan, CTO and co-founder at Omnia Fishing. I'm looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
Omnia is looking for a user-centric, collaborative fullstack engineer who loves to solve interesting puzzles and is excited to help us build out our platform across the stack. You will have an immediate and direct impact on the product with a high degree of ownership and freedom.
Our team is small and remote-friendly with members who know how to get things done efficiently and effectively. We keep meetings to a minimum and trust each other to communicate as needed.
An interest in fishing is not a requirement, but if you are interested in outdoor pursuits this is a dream job to combine your personal interests with your professional life.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in all aspects of software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Work with product leadership to develop and implement the overall look and design of a website
- Architect end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
- Work in React (Typescript) and Ruby on Rails; our web app is server-side rendered without a framework and uses a Ruby API
- Release at least weekly
- Communicate frameworks and make strategy come to life
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- A solid understanding of how to create front-end performant web applications
- Experience using React to build web applications
- Experience using Ruby on Rails to build out applications and services
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience with React Native a plus, but not required
About Omnia Fishing
Omnia is in the process of building out a personalized commerce platform powered by a geospatial context engine. We help people find the fishing gear they need for their lakes and species using our recommendations and community input. We have (almost) every lake in the country in our system, tens of thousands of repeat users (our customers LOVE us), and millions in annual sales. Our users are creating thousands (more every week) of structured fishing reports to help other anglers. All this together creates virtuous loops of engagement and growth that you will be building software to enhance further.
We just closed our Series A from some great partners including Founder Collective, Dundee Ventures, Bread & Butter Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures (Joe Montana). Our advisory board includes: Justin Kaufenberg GP at Rally Ventures and founder of SportsEngine; Andrew Savage, Co-Founder Suma Brands and former COO of Dolls Kill; Erin Newkirk CMO of Caribou Coffee; Ralph Castner CEO Rush Creek and former CFO of Cabela’s. We are ready to keep rolling and take the business to the next level with your help
Benefits at Omnia
We offer competitive compensation depending on experience and market rate.
- Remote friendly with space onsite to collaborate and work as needed or on a regular basis if preferred
- Flexible schedule with fishing and outdoor days
- PTO policy that encourages work/life balance
- Full health benefits
How to apply
Here's what you can expect
- 30-minute video call with Dan, our CTO/Co-Founder
- 60-minute technical interview and code exercise with Dan and our engineering lead
- 45-minute video call with Dan and Mark, our Head of Product
- Final interview with our founders Matt, Chris and Dan