Related Products (56)
Guided by Aaron Martens and Luke Clausen's vast tournament experience, and the functional artistry that is the company's trademark, Megabass introduces the improved Orochi XX casting rod series. These tournament-caliber rods were created with substantial input from Martens and Clausen and comprehensively cover all major tournament fishing applications.
Inspired by the Orochi, the ancient dragon god of water, through these rods Megabass seeks to capture the raw power and precise control of the rods' namesake, while also capitalizing on their existing cutting-edge blank technology.
Each Orochi XX casting rod is made with premium Japanese components and materials featuring a six-axis blank with low-resin carbon up to the 40-ton class. The multi-axis manufacturing process adds significant strength without adding unnecessary weight and is paired with the latest Fuji components for an uncompromising level of performance. Additionally, each rod features Megabass-custom guide settings, a Megabass custom ITO Head Locking Reel Seat, a rubber/cork composite end cap, a unique Megabass hook-keeper, and a finish unmatched in the industry.
Orochi XX Casting Rod Details:
- F4.5-611XX Jerkbait Special (6'11", Med, Fast): Redesigned to more fully realize the core components of jerkbait fishing: imparting action, castability, and sensitivity, and bring those components to their pinnacle. Furthermore, with the rod’s balance-point located at the reel, the rod is free to pivot with minimal effort, meaning you don’t have to fight the blank’s weight when attempting delicate slack line taps to get your Vision Oneten to tremble in place, or when fishing with an aggressive cadence over long practice and tournament days.
- F4.5-70XX Flatside Special (7', Med, Regular): The Flatside Special's blank is discernibly crisper, getting back to center-rest more quickly after rod work and delivering greater sensitivity to transmit lure action and bottom-composition/structure with clarity. The smooth-bending regular taper transfers load with ease, preserving intuitive cast feel and absorbing surging fights to keep finicky trebles securely buried.
- F6-70XX Tour Versatile (7', Med-Heavy, Fast): The redesigned Orochi XX Tour Versatile is a powerful tournament-tested tool that bridges the gap between bottom contact and horizontal applications, covering the widest range of softbait presentations in the lineup. With a fast taper and compact—yet powerful—7’ blank, the Tour Versatile is built to deploy swim jigs, smaller swimbaits like the Spark Shad 4” – 5”, heavy Texas rigs, jigs, and heavy spinnerbaits. The Tour Versatile’s 7’ combination of length, taper, and power make it an essential addition to the arsenal of any tournament angler.
- F5-72XXG Swingfire (7'2", Med, Regular): Strictly focused on the highest-possible landing percentage with treble-hook baits, the redesigned Swingfire features a rebalanced glass/carbon mixture and improved backbone. By extending the blank’s graphite further up the blank, the Swingfire gains new muscle in its midsection, resulting in more powerful hooksets, greater castability, distance, and control throughout the fight. The Swingfire offers the unique sensitivity and power of graphite with the forgiveness of glass, presenting an invaluable cranking tool that smoothly loads from one end to the other.
- F5-72XX Diablo Spec-R (7'2", Med, Fast): Perhaps the most versatile model in the line-up, the first-generation Orochi XX Diablo Spec-R welcomed many advanced anglers to the Megabass rod family with its multi-faceted performance capability. In redesigning this model, sensitivity and lifting power were the key focal points. Many of the rod’s target applications, such as spinnerbaits, bladed jigs, swim jigs, and vibration lures are now thrown with braided line—especially around vegetation. By leveraging new kabt™ metal microfiber material, the Diablo Spec-R exhibits increased lifting power without adding weight, improving landing ratios in-and-around cover. Furthermore, heightened sensitivity cranks-up bite detection with presentations like swim jigs, where the only indicator is often slack knocked into your line.
- F7-72XX Perfect Pitch (7'2", Heavy, Ex-Fast): One of the most popular models within the series, the Perfect Pitch has quickly gained a hardcore following among bottom-fishing and pitching experts alike for its sensitivity, power, precision, balance, and maneuverability. With an extra-fast taper and F7 (Force: 7) construction, the Perfect Pitch delivers the quickest, most devastating Tyson-esque hookset in the lineup. The Perfect Pitch has a finely-tuned tip section and the perfect load characteristics for accurate pitching, while retaining the ideal stiffness to work jigs accurately in and around bottom structure.
- F5-75XX EMTF (7'5", Med, Med-Fast): Designed for bombed casts with treble hooked baits, the EMTF is perfect for long-distance applications and keeping hooks buried on a long fight back to the boat. The next-generation EMTF builds upon this performance category, strengthening the bottom third of the blank for greater casting distance and fish-stopping power, while preserving the supple bend required to keep trebles securely buried throughout grueling, long-distance fights.
- F5.5-75XX Braillist (7'5", Med-Heavy, Fast): The Braillist delivers a dramatic increase in sensitivity, allowing anglers to “read” bottom composition with surprising clarity. The Braillist's tip section has been stiffened just slightly to enable precise presentation and control, while also displaying the requisite backbone to crawl and pop jigs out of potential snags. Under increasing load, the F5.5-powered blank bends smoothly to absorb the fight—unlike many traditional heavy-duty jig sticks that “shut off” abruptly in the mid-section. This enables Braillist to be fished with lighter line when needed, making this model a particularly deadly option for deep, clear water presentations where long casts, sensitivity, a fight-absorbing blank, and the ability to take up slack line quickly are paramount. The Braillist is a perfect pair for the Dark Sleeper bottom-contact swimbait, Texas rigs, and football jigs.
- F8-710XX AKLYS (7'10", Ex-Heavy, Med-Fast): The all-new Orochi XX AKLYS is a dedicated punching rod built to attack the thickest vegetation. Dialing the taper back to a medium-fast action, the top-third of the blank loads swiftly to launch punch rigs, then distributes force throughout the blank for powerful hooksets and sustained leverage to keep fish pinned to the underside of thick mats. Carefully selected rear-grip length gives leverage, while the finely-tuned counterweight centers the rod’s overall balance-point at the reel to allow for smooth, pendulum-like rod work with minimal fatigue.
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|MODEL||LENGTH||POWER||ACTION||PIECES||HANDLE||LINE WT (LB)||LURE WT (OZ)||# GUIDES|
|Orochi XX F4.5-611XX Jerkbait Special||6'11||Medium||Fast||1||Orochi A||8-20||3/8-3/4||8 + Tip|
|Orochi XX F4.5-70XX Flatside Special||7'||Medium||Regular||1||Orochi B||8-20||3/8-3/4||8 + Tip|
|Orochi XX F6-70XX Tour Versatile||7'||Medium-Heavy||Fast||1||Orochi B||12-25||3/8-1||8 + Tip|
|Orochi XX F5-72XXG Swingfire||7'2"||Medium||Regular||1||Orochi B||8-20||1/4-5/8||8 + Tip|
|Orochi F5-72XX Diablo Spec-R||7'2"||Medium||Fast||1||Orochi B||8-20||3/8-3/4||8 + Tip|
|Orochi XX F7-72XX Perfect Pitch||7'2"||Heavy||Extra-Fast||1||Orochi B||12-25||3/8-1 1/4||8 + Tip|
|Orochi XX F5-75XX EMTF||7'5"||Medium||Medium-Fast||1||Orochi B||8-20||3/8-1||9 + Tip|
|Orochi XX F5.5-75XX Braillist||7'5"||Medium-Heavy||Fast||1||Orochi B||8-20||3/8-1||9 + Tip|
|Orochi XX F8-710XX AKLYS||7'10"||Extra-Heavy||Medium-Fast||1||Orochi C||10-30||3/8-1 1/2||7 + Tip|
Techniques: Blade BaitsBuzz BaitsCarolina RigsChatterbaitsDeep Diving Crankbaits (13'+)Medium Diving Crankbaits (7'-12')Shallow Diving Crankbaits (0-6')Finesse JigsFootball JigsHard Body SwimbaitsHard Topwater (Popping)Hard Topwater (Prop)Hard Topwater (Walking)Jerk BaitsLarge Hair Jigs (Preacher)Lipless CrankbaitsShaky HeadsSoft Body Swimbaits (Large)SpinnerbaitsSpoonsStructure JigsSwim JigsTexas Rigs (Worming)Trolling Shallow (0-9')