The Stradic FM, the latest Shimano CoreSolid spinning reel, upholds its namesake for toughness and adaptability. Boasting reel features from the brand's premier spinning reels, the Stradic FM has been augmented with InfinityXross technology, allowing the gear tooth to spread the load more systematically. HAGANE gearing contributes to strong construction, paired with MicroModule II for a smooth feel. Furthermore, InfinityDrive provides fast rotation and powerful cranking force, joined by the extraordinary Duracross Drag system. X-Protect coating and labyrinth construction keep water out while allowing the reel to rotate freely. An Anti-Twist Fin is also featured, providing better line regulation for mono and fluorocarbon lines. The comprehensive Shimano Stradic FM echoes the excellence of its predecessors and features boosted technologies to be the most complete Stradic in a long lineage of performance.
Shimano Stradic FM Spinning Reel Features:
- HAGANE Body: A Shimano reel design concept created to withstand continual use and extreme abuse. Built-in toughness and durability that works alongside Shimano's precision engineering.
- HAGANE Gear: No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear during fabrication, instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and formed by Shimano's cold-forging technology for dependable resilience.
- MicroModule Gear II: The surfaces of the drive gear and pinion gear have been analyzed and updated from the ground-up in Shimano's pursuit of perfection to further improve the smooth gear feeling and sound reduction.
- X-Ship Spinning: By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinin gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear, improving gear durability.
- InfinityXross: Advancements in the gear tooth design improve the surface contact and meshing between the drive gear and pinion gear.
- Infinity Drive: The main shaft is now supported by a new and unique low-friction bushing that significantly decreases frictional resistance.
- DuraCross: A new drag washer material that provides smooth and reliable drag performance with incredible durability.
- SilentDrive: Overall tolerances are improved to a micron level, ultimately creating an overall quieter and smoother reel operation.
- Anti-Twist Fin: A flexible polymer fin is installed near the line roller to maintain line tension and ensure even wrapping around the spool.
- X Protect: In addition to conventional water-repellent treatment, a labyrinth structure suppresses water penetration.
- G-Free Body: Shifts the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod to reduce fatigue and enhance casing comfort.
- Long Stroke Spool: A longer stroker compared to conventional spool designs to ensure a smoother line lay during retrieval that translates into increased casting distance for anglers.
- S A-RB: Shields on both sides of the bearings to further reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the rotation of the bearing.
- One-Piece Bail: Allows the line to travel unimpeded to the line roller, decreasing the chance of tangles or the line catching on the bail arm.
SHIMANO STRADIC FM SPINNING REEL
INCHES PER CRANK
MAX DRAG (LB)
2/270, 4/160, 6/110
10/95, 15/75, 20/65
10/150, 15/145, 30/100
6/230, 8/170, 10/140
10/200, 20/140, 40/105
15/230, 30/180, 50/120