Related Products (53)
The Megabass Destroyer line is the king of the Japanese Design rod market and now delivers their renowned rod building prowess to fishermen worldwide.
In 1995, Megabass designer and CEO Yuki Ito prototyped the Destroyer, which catalyzed this legendary lineup of spinning and casting rods with an unrivaled fusion of craftsmanship and technological innovation. With each generation of Destroyer rods, Megabass consistently outdid themselves and reached beyond their time's standards and conventions, establishing new benchmarks industry-wide.
Over a quarter-century later, Megabass is still pushing those limits with standard-destroying technologies while preserving the specialized craftsmanship that birthed the Destroyer lineup. From this tireless effort, the 5-D Graphite System was born.
Representing a paradigm shift in the blank construction process, 5-D enables a more perfect realization of the Destroyer through a new patterning and layering method, unlocking untold potential. From this cycle, the Destroyer P5 Spinning Rods were born and deliver unmatched quality and perfection, allowing anglers to reach new heights in the spinning rod game.
Destroyer P5 Spinning Rod Features:
- MBCS Reel Seat: Maximum strength and rigidity with minimal weight. Ergonomic fit increases grip and leverage while maximizing contact points for industry-leading feel, required by finesse anglers.
- Destroyer Original Tight-Threading Fuji Titanium Frame SIC-S Guides
- End Balancer: Weight-saving improvements and ideal counterweighting to achieve the ideal "Takumi" balance
- 5-D Graphite System: A fusion of delicate parts, reducing the unnecessary prepeg overlap of traditional patterning and layering. Reduces material waste and allows for a more precisely smooth taper and seamless load transition for truly intuitive performance.
- Destroyer Head Locking System 3: Minimizes any potential interference in blank resonance and vibration transmission throughout the reel.
Megabass Destroyer P5 Spinning Rod Details:
- Destroyer P5 F3.5-72XS Wind Buster (7'2", Med, Med-Fast): The F3.5-72XS Wind Buster is the “go-to” choice to confront a vast and varied field, offering an ideal balance of length and power to handle finesse softbaits and smaller hardbaits alike—especially when tough headwinds make lures difficult to cast with baitcasting setups. Powered by the 5-D graphite system, the Wind Buster displays crisp blank recovery performance and unexpected torque, enlivening presentations from shaky heads to jerkbaits. Medium-fast taper uncoils with silky-smoothness, transitioning load to where it is borne best, allowing for both delicate rod work and domineering performance as the situation dictates.
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|MODEL||LENGTH||POWER||ACTION||PIECES||HANDLE||LINE WT (LB)||LURE WT (OZ)||# Guides|
|P5 F3.5-72XS Wind Buster||7'2"||Medium||Med-Fast||1||Destroyer B||6-16||1/4-5/8||8 + Tip|
Techniques: Blade BaitsBobbersDrop ShotsHard Topwater (Prop)Inline SpinnersJerk BaitsLipless CrankbaitsLive Bait RigsNed RigsNeko RigsShaky HeadsSoft Body Swimbaits (Small/Medium)SpoonsSpybaitsTrolling Mid Depth (10'-19')Trolling Shallow (0-9')TubesVertical Jigging Deep (20'+)Vertical Jigging Mid Depth (10'-19')Vertical Jigging Shallow (0-9')Wacky Rigs