Shimano Metanium MGL
Right / 7.1:1
We ship fast!
Orders placed before 1pm Central ship the same day.
Completely redesigned by Shimano engineers to be the most advanced Metanium ever produced. The 2020 Metanium features a never-before-seen Magnesium CoreSolid Body, providing professional and enthusiast anglers with the solid advantage of durability, rigidity, and sensitivity while reducing weight. The new CI4+ Star Drag reduces weight even further. Featuring an MGL III spool, reducing spool inertia 17% over the previous generation while still utilizing SVS Infinity Braking for the ultimate in adjustability and distance for all ranges of lures. The Metanium now comes with a brass MicroModule main gear for enhanced durability and long-term smoothness. Silent Tune reduces spool bearing vibration to maximize casting distance and improve cast feel.
Metanium MGL Features:
- CI4+: Dramatically reduces overall weight
- Coresolid Body: Solid one-piece construction for unprecedented rigidity and sensitivity
- Cross Carbon Drag: Wider range of drag settings, Shimano's smoothest drag ever
- Hagane Body: High rigidity and impact resistance
- MGL III Spool: Decreased inertia for unparalleled casting performance
- Micro Module Gear: Ultra-smooth retrieve
- S3D Spool: Significantly reduced spool vibration
- SVS Infinity: Quick, precise braking adjustments
- S A-RB: Shielded bearings to prevent salt and sand corrosion
- Silent Tune: Reduced bearing vibration during high-speed rotation for a quieter, smoother cast every time
Super Free Spool: Eliminates friction on the spool shaft
- X-Ship: Improved gear durability
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Techniques: Blade BaitsBuzz BaitsCarolina RigsChatterbaitsDeep Diving Crankbaits (13'+)Medium Diving Crankbaits (7'-12')Shallow Diving Crankbaits (0-6')Football JigsFrogs/ToadsGrass JigsHard Body SwimbaitsHard Topwater (Popping)Hard Topwater (Prop)Hard Topwater (Walking)JerkbaitsLarge Hair Jigs (Preacher)Lipless CrankbaitsShaky HeadsSoft Body Swimbaits (Large)SpinnerbaitsSpoonsSwim JigsTexas Rigs (Pitch/Flip)Texas Rigs (Worming)Umbrella Rigs
INCHES PER CRANK
MAX DRAG (LB)