Sculpted from over a decade of engineering advancement and a rich lineage of predecessors, the new Vanford tests the boundaries of technology and engineering found in spinning reels. Built upon a CI4+ body for both a lightweight feel and carbon rigidity, the Vanford incorporates a MagnumLite (MGL) Rotor for up to 48% less rotational inertia than traditional rotor construction for a quick response in critical situations. The Vanford features Shimano’s cold-forged HAGANE Gear and many of Shimano’s premium technologies for increased fishing performance and years of durability. Vanford’s SilentDrive and MicroModule Gear II technologies combine to produce a new level of smooth rotational performance while reducing overall reel vibration. Vanford also incorporates Long Stroke Spool technology to increase casting distance while producing a smoother line lay on the spool during retrieval. X-Protect technology and water-channeling construction enhances Vanford’s water resistance and overall durability — an important feature for a reel sure to be found in inshore environments. From ice fishing and drop-shot fishing for smallies in the sweetwater to stalking tailing fish in the flats, the Vanford has no equal.
Shimano Vandord Features:
- Aero Wrap II: Reduces line-to-line friction for smoother casts
- CI4+: Dramatically reduces overall weight
- Cross Carbon Drag: Wider range of drag settings, Shimano's smoothest drag ever
G-Free Body: More ergonomic center of gravity
Hagane Gear: Amazing strength and durability
- Long Stroke Spool: Greater casting distance
- MGL Rotor: 25% lighter and 22% less inertia for a smoother feel
- MicroModule II Gear: Ultra-smooth retrieve
- One-Piece Bail: Reduces friction and smoother line traveling
- Propulsion Line Management: Casting distance and prevents wind knots
S A-RB: Shielded bearings to prevent salt or sand corrosion
- Silent Drive: Elimination of clearance gaps and wobble
- Waterproof Drag: Sealed for protection against the elements
- X-Protect: High-level water resistance without sacrificing gear rotation
- X-Ship: Improved gear durability
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Species: BurbotChain PickerelCommon CarpCrappieGarGoldeyeLake WhitefishLargemouth BassNorthern PikePeacock BassSaugerSmallmouth BassSplakeWalleyeWhite Bass
Techniques: Blade BaitsBobbersCrappie Dock ShootingCrappie Long Lining (Pulling/Trolling)Crappie Sniping (Casting/Single Poling)Crappie Spider Rigging Damiki RigDrop ShotFinesse Hair JigsHard Topwater (Prop)Inline SpinnersHard JerkbaitsLipless CrankbaitsLive Bait RigsMicro CrankbaitsNed RigsNeko RigsSoft Body Swimbaits (Small/Medium)Soft JerkbaitsSpybaitsTrolling Deep (20+')Trolling Mid Depth (10-19')Trolling Shallow (0-9')TubesVertical Jigging Deep (20+')Vertical Jigging Mid Depth (10-19')Vertical Jigging Shallow (0-9')Wacky Rigs
SHIMANO VANFORD SPECS
BALL BEARINGS / ROLLER BEARINGS
INCHES PER CRANK
MAX DRAG (LB)
This product has no fishing reports for these filters.
Be the first to file a report.