Related Products (57)
The Megabass Destroyer line is the king of the Japanese Design rod market and now delivers their renowned rod building prowess to fishermen worldwide.
In 1995, Megabass designer and CEO Yuki Ito prototyped the Destroyer, which catalyzed this legendary lineup of spinning and casting rods with an unrivaled fusion of craftsmanship and technological innovation. With each generation of Destroyer rods, Megabass consistently outdid themselves and reached beyond their time's standards and conventions, establishing new benchmarks industry-wide.
Over a quarter-century later, Megabass is still pushing those limits with standard-destroying technologies while preserving the specialized craftsmanship that birthed the Destroyer lineup. From this tireless effort, the 5-D Graphite System was born.
Representing a paradigm shift in the blank construction process, 5-D enables a more perfect realization of the Destroyer through a new patterning and layering method, unlocking untold potential. From this cycle, the Destroyer P5 Casting Rods were born and deliver unmatched quality and perfection, allowing anglers to reach new heights in the casting rod game.
Destroyer P5 Casting Rod Features:
IBCS Reel Seat: Minimalistic grip contours and stable short-trigger design allow for intuitive grip transitions as the angler moves through the cycle of casting, rod work, hookset, and landing. Blank contact areas are maximized to deliver precise feedback without sacrificing control.
- Destroyer Original Tight-Threading Fuji Titanium Frame SIC-S Guides
- End Balancer: Weight-saving improvements and ideal counterweighting to achieve the ideal "Takumi" balance
- 5-D Graphite System: A fusion of delicate parts, reducing the unnecessary overlap of traditional patterning and layering. Reduces material waste and allows for a more precisely smooth taper and seamless load transition for truly intuitive performance.
- Destroyer Head Locking System 3: Minimizes any potential interference in blank resonance and vibration transmission throughout the reel.
Megabass Destroyer P5 Casting Rod Details:
- Destroyer P5 F6-69X Super Destroyer (6'9", Heavy, Med-Fast): The F6-69X Super Destroyer is perhaps the epitome of the series, harnessing the successive technologies of each generation to challenge preconceptions of heavy-action angling. Built on a compact 6’9” frame, the 5-D graphite system harnesses greater power per inch to deliver quick, destructive hooksets and submission-inducing lifting power. The Super Destroyer’s outstanding balance is geared towards a tip-up ready posture, the perfect battle stance for lure manipulation, and lightning-fast hooksets. Not only does the shorter overall length contribute to faster hooksets, but it also increases maneuverability, close-quarters control, and opens up new angling avenues to challenge traditional heavy-cover games.
Destroyer P5 F5-70X Madbull (7', Med-Heavy, Regular): The F5-70X Madbull comfortably corrals the hard-charging action of deep crankbaits, vibration baits, and medium-sized swimbaits, and subdues recklessly fighting fish with the surprising strength of its 5-D blank. Regular taper design, supercharged with the 5-D’s high-tension construction, provides a wellspring of readily available power, enabling confident angling even in mat cover pockets requiring subtle precision.
- Destroyer P5 F4.5-71X Dark Sleeper (7'1", Med-Heavy, Fast): The F4.5-71X Dark Sleeper is the key to the stubborn lock of dormant deep fish, enabling precision presentation of light Texas rigs, bottom-tracing swimbaits, bladed swim jigs, and worms. The exquisite tension of the 7’ blank is tuned for that improbable balance of sensitive rod work and overwhelming lifting power, swiftly translating whip-quick hooksets into culls from the deep. 5-D graphite system transfers load with studied ease, allowing The Dark Sleeper’s fast taper design to draw the fight into the blank’s powerful mid-section to dominate surging targets. Not limited solely to high-precision deep approaches, the F4.5-71X also demonstrates excellent light Texas and small jig pitching performance amongst light cover.
- Destroyer P5 F5.5-72X The X-Bites (7'2", Heavy, Ex-Fast): Named in honor of the storied “X-Bites” Japanese fishing program, the F5.5-72X rises to the challenge of extreme conditions and unspeakably tough bites. The extra-fast taper of The X-Bites commands bottom contact rigs in the depths with supreme confidence, delivering pinpoint feedback to heighten angler awareness and lure presentation. In addition to staple ½ and ¾oz weights, The X-Bites is able to handle lighter Texas rigs in deeper water, adding a subtly devastating option to fill out limits on tough days. The rod’s lightweight and balanced design, coupled with intense sensitivity, delivers the kind of performance that will conquer the toughest competitions.
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|MODEL||LENGTH||POWER||ACTION||PIECES||HANDLE||LINE WT (LB)||LURE WT (OZ)||# GUIDES|
|P5 F6-69X Super Destroyer||6'9"||Heavy||Med-Fast||1||Destroyer Z||12-25||1/4-1 1/4||9 + Tip|
|P5 F5-70X Madbull||7'0"||Medium-Heavy||Regular||1||Destroyer Z||10-25||3/8-1||9 + Tip|
|P5 F4.5-71X Dark Sleeper||7'1"||Medium-Heavy||Fast||1||Destroyer C||8-20||1/4-1||9 + Tip|
|P5 F5.5-72X The X-Bites||7'2"||Heavy||Ex-Fast||1||Destroyer B||10-25||1/4-1||9 + Tip|
Techniques: Buzz BaitsCarolina RigsChatterbaitsMedium Diving Crankbaits (7'-12')Finesse JigsFootball JigsFrogs/ToadsGrass JigsHard Body SwimbaitsHard Topwater (Prop)Jerk BaitsLarge Hair Jigs (Preacher)Soft Body Swimbaits (Large)SpoonsStructure JigsSwim JigsTexas Rigs (Pitch/Flip)Texas Rigs (Worming)Umbrella Rigs