Bassmaster Elite Series pro, Seth Feider, shows us how to set up the Tokyo Rig that was brought to market by VMC and gives anglers a slightly more finesse option when throwing Texas Rigs around cover. The drop down wire acts as a beefed up drop shot, perfect when the fish prefer something a little different. Here are the steps to set it up.
- Choose which hook option you prefer (worm, flipping, EWG)
- Match the hook to the size bait you want to use
- Tie line to the end of the swivel with the knot of your choice (palomar is a great option)
- Add weight to the wire. Flipping style weight with cone facing down. Put a slight bend in the wire to hold it in place.
- Add soft plastic bait (craw/tube/beaver/worm). Texpose soft bait on hook.